Saturday, July 26, 2008

I like to think genetics play a part in how much weight a woman gains during pregnancy. I'm pretty sure, if I remember correctly, that I had a healthy pre-pregnancy lifestyle. Living in NY helped - no car to sit in. Walking and climbing, running around the reservoir, membership to the New York Sports Center. So nearly 60 pounds later, I don't know what happened. Anyway, I'm proud to say that this morning, I successfully put on (and zippered and buttoned) jeans from before I was pregnant! I have officially 10 pounds to go until I'm back at pre-prego weight. Pretty good. How did it happen? Torture. Less 1/2 and 1/2 in my coffee. 50 miles of bike riding a week. (5 days a week for 10 miles) walks. nothing crazy, actually. what if I had been doing something crazy? who knows what could have happened? anyway, we're not quite there yet, but I'm pretty proud. And no...sadly the baby didn't weigh 60 pounds. He didn't even weigh 8. Shocker.
And oh yeah.
We bought a house.

3 comments:

sanityseeker said...

WOH. congratulations on both things! I thought you looked beautiful at Jane's bday party, and I am really encouraged to read what you say about the 30s being more self-confident. Here's to your 10 more! Keep up the good work!

Daisy said...

I second that-- congratulations on both!! The first is an amazing accomplishment, I know how hard it is to get that baby weight off! The second, where??? Will we be neighbors?

Daisy said...

aaah-- I was hoping for a new neighbor... too bad, for me. For you? That's great! There is a library and a playground on that street-- what more do you need? Also, I still go to my old hairdresser that is on Central-- so if you ever wanted to try them, they are cheap, and you may be able to score a knock-off handbag as a bonus!