Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I look back of pictures of myself when I was little (under the age of 12) and there's a self-confidence that disappeared sometime shortly thereafter.
I see a similar look in most girls...understandably things feel like they go downhill just around 12 years old. (I stress FEEL)
Anyway, I have to say that there's something that clicked around 30. I realize that I'm new to my 30s, but I have to say that it's a refreshing feeling.
And this isn't an excuse for bad jeans or VPLs, but I just feel okay in my own skin every once in awhile and I don't think I've felt like that in years. (Even when I actually looked better and now when I look at that skinny 25 year old, I wish I'd enjoyed it more but c'est la vie.)

eww...this is incredibly "Ya-ya sisterhood" - I feel like I need to have a little pow-wow and do a dance of sisterhood or something. a little embarrassing but true nonetheless.

So in summary....teens and 20s stink. 30s feel good.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

30's only feel good to some :). Feeling good about myself is something I feel I may struggle with forever. I hope not, but I cant imagine it. sad, huh? I am glad you are happy though, and tell the boys I said hi.

lover mother said...

It seems that no matter what phase of life we are in we can look back and say "I wish I knew then" or "I wish I enjoyed that more". Maybe it is not about being in your 30's, maybe it is about this new phase of life you are in. Becoming a mother inevitably mean a new identity, a new way of living and a new sense of self. What a beautiful gift from our children (sometimes right?! ha!)
Keep being beautiful Sarah.

d.r. lowing said...

i think you are crazy. age is a silly thing anyway. i mean, there is a time for everything and it's all vanity! don't you know this?! lol!

haha - seriously though, it's about the ride. i'm glad to be on the same train with you.

anne said...

so i am way late on this
but i hear ya
i am looking forward to the 30's
going be some kick ass times for sure