Monday, September 22, 2008

On Friday, Sullivan's PT recommended we take him to "Everybody's Park" in Horsham. I'd driven by it before, but always thought it was just sort of a cute little name to mean that everyone is welcome to do their business there.
Anyway, it's a park designed specifically for kids with special needs - the equipment is user-friendly and it is all completely ramped - nice and wide.
Perfect for a little boy to walk through with his Dad.
The entire ground of the place is covered with recycled tire flooring so it's super bouncy and new-walker friendly. Definitely go check it out - kids of all ages and backgrounds were enjoying the space - I imagine that it's even better during the week when all the older kids are in school.
The walking is getting better - he becomes a little more courageous each day...our boy is definitely NOT naturally inclined to be a risk-taker, which makes us (and him) all the more proud of his little accomplishments.
One more week as a Stay-At-Home mom - while I'm excited to get back into the classroom, there are some obvious worries - I'm just trying to enjoy these last days with him. (sniff sniff - as if these are our last days together, give me a break!)

4 comments:

words and streets said...

yes we love that park, too. except they need more shade! hopefully see you tomorrow am?? maybe??

Procrastination said...

Holy Cow, what a ton of change since I haven't been able to read! (I am stealing moments away from my grad homework right now!) But I am so happy for 1- your job 2- the amazing accomplishments of Super Sullivan- walking- finding trucks instead of naps- having a great time at the park- and an awesome dr's appt!
Things seem to be coming together! What an exciting time!
Oh and turtlenecks are just evil!

Jane said...

Congrats on the new job and to Sullivan for learning his new skill! Question: Do you ever call him Sully? I always want to do that when I read his name for some reason, mabe b/c I knew someone in college called Sully. Anyway, I love the name, no matter how you say it!

Daisy said...

ditto Allie's comment!