Wednesday, September 17, 2008

1. I got a teaching job, finally - thanks for nothing, Philadelphia School District. I start on the 29th of September - I pushed it back so that for the next week we could focus on the next exciting news:
2. We close on our new house in just over a week! I am SO excited to start ripping down wallpaper, choosing paint colors, sewing curtains. I'm daily inspired by a blog called Design*Sponge and can't wait to get to work.
3. They're ripping up the sidewalks on our street (ironic since our street has one sort of sad streetlight and there are streets all over the place with No sidewalks, but whatever) and so when Sullivan went down for his nap yesterday, I guess they started jackhammering. Convenient. (I happened to be out - this news is via my Mom) Anyway, it immediately woke him up and he started shouting "truck, truck, truck" from his crib. His version of truck sounds more like, "Duk, duk..." I feel sometimes like he just gets cuter every day. He is this incredibly funny sweet kid. Just like his dad. (collective aww.)
4. I'm now officially a resident of Montgomery County (after mainting my NY residency for the past 16 months) and a registered Democrat. Congratulations, me. The beauty of it all, and this was a shock - I'm extremely wary of beaureaucracy - it took all of 15 minutes. Walked in, filled out the papers, took a picture, signed a couple things. Done.

No comments: