Saturday, December 13, 2008

'Tis the Season...

So I'm wondering where all these people are who have been scarred for life from their parents allowing them to ponder the existance of Santa?
I am kind of over the whole pro/con santa nonsense and am on a serious mission to find this disenfranchised group of poor individuals whose parental betrayal has left them confused and hurt and unable to trust again.
I'm just not too sure about that argument. That's all.
I mean, really, people believe whole-heartedly anyway that a jolly fat man lives at the North Pole and communes with elves and penguins? And then in one evening manages to stuff his portly self into tiny chimneys? And what about the houses with no fancy brick chimneys? Lord knows Santa wasn't hurling himself into our little wood-burning stove...no way. I still sort of thought it was possible,though. I can remember writing a letter after pouring over the Kiddie City circular. I listened for sleighbells and hooves on the roof. But I also looked really hard for my parents' stash. Never did find that, by the way.

1 comment:

Daisy said...

So far, Ellie is fine. The verdict is still out on Noah, since he still "believes". I think it may be possible that the actual scarring occurs when children are forced to sit in the lap of a strange man with a bearded face once a year. At least, that is what Kaelin would say if she could talk.