Tuesday, November 4, 2008

busy busy busy
harder than being a stay-at-home mom? a working mom.
hands down.
I don't know what people do when they have many kids and two parents working.
Fortunately I have a handsome partner in crime.... wakes up with Sullivan, they have breakfast together, and he takes him to school every day. I get to pick him up and hang out in the afternoon - we make dinner together and eat as a little family in the new house. As we figure out the routine of it all it gets easier.
Kindergarten is fun and kind of crazy. 23 five year olds. And me. Learning how to read and write and play with our friends. And how to flush the toilet and wash our hands. They can be pretty cute.
I voted today...that felt good. So excited to see how things go.... I loved driving to work this morning... so many people lined up outside of schools and libraries... people that had never cared about voting before. Anyway, it's in the air.... I love it.
(And I'll try really hard to not say I told you so.)
Although I think I just did.

2 comments:

Procrastination said...

I don't know how people do it. welcome to the K world. If you every need anything don't hesitate to ask. Best of luck in the figuring it out!

sanityseeker said...

good for you for making all these transitions with what seems like a grateful attitude. i am headed back to school in january and i'm kind of (ok really) scared...just for all the changes. i am sure you guys are loving having your own home-congratulations again!