Monday, October 6, 2008

Thoughts for the evening.

1. Being a full-time working mom is hard and tiring. But it's so nice to come home to a sweet little family! I think we'll all get through this. Sullivan starts his preschool class next week...I'll have to pack him lunches and send in a blanket for him to sleep with!
2. This election is old news. McCain/Palin are just sad - reaching for the Ayers stuff. It makes me wretch a tiny bit. It's especially sad that so many people just believe whatever they hear and don't go find out information for themselves. It's also funny to me that the same people who loathe the NY Times are the same people who Tivo Hannity Colmes. You tell me whose side you would rather be on. Blech.
3. Thank God for SNL. At least someone has their ear to the tracks. There's something to be said for political satire - I think it's a necessary part of the process, and they are able to be honest and thoughtful in an intelligent way. (and funny)
4. I'm sick and it STINKS. How can you be absent from your brand new kindergarten class?? You can't...silly. I have no voice, and I can't yell at the stinkers, but we'll see... at least in third grade, when I didn't have a voice, I could write directions on the board and they could read them. No such luck in K.

And now I'm getting into bed. Sullivan is down for the night and David is at the new house scraping and meeting with the plumber to figure out how to retrofit our cast iron tub with a shower.

No comments: