Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I guess kind of a lot has been going on.
  • House stuff is going well - we're waiting to see if they will make the repairs we'd like.
  • Job search is still in full-swing. I got a very cryptic message from the Philadelphia recruitment office. Apparently they have a psychic on staff. It read, "You will soon have a position."
  • Sullivan is just as cute as ever. I hate to be the parent who gushes, which is why I never do. While some struggle with an inflated view of their child(ren) I am struggling to get over my low expectations of my own. Maybe it's a way of dealing with disappointments? Not that I'm disappointed in him.... just in things. How they've turned out, I suppose. Anyway, the past two weeks have been full of these little milestones for him - it's so encouraging to see him proud of himself and figuring things out. Like stacking his blocks, turning pages, identifying characters in the book, emptying and refilling everything, climbing up anything. He prefers to keep his cup in the cup holder on the tray, and hates anything superfluous sitting around. He's quite the character.
Anyway, all that to say...things are good. Busy, but good.

3 comments:

Procrastination said...

those are wonderful milestones! Congrats to you and to Sullivan!

Procrastination said...

I know, since when is youtube so smart! I tried the same thing. And thank you for the very kind comment!

Bremners Abroad said...

congratulations on the new house, where is it? i am excited and so nervous about pregnancy! i have never worried so much in my entire life! i think i know too much though, i panic over what i have been told are pretty routine pregnancy things. i feel like i will be huge before this is over, and it feels out of my control even as i am trying to stay in shape.