Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Resolutions

Forget New Year's Resolutions....
1. I will not wear over-sized sweatshirts from my husband's college days.
2. I got rid of all underwear and socks that have holes. Not cute. Who wants to look at big toes poking through an old sock??
3. One night a week, we will feed sullivan early and stick the kid in bed so that we can do our own thing. Wine, candles, and 20 month old don't mix so well.
4. I am thinking about not watching the Bachelor anymore. It's really kind of crappy and is TWO hours long. He hates it...I might compromise on this one. (Although with DVR it turns out to run about 75-90 minutes.
5. Keep letting him do the grocery shopping. This one I'm willing to relinquish happily.
6. Try to make the bed every morning. It's just better for mental health.
7. Make it a goal to get through #3 without talking about said child.
8. I'm considering taking longer showers...sometimes late in the day. We are somehow not paying a water bill, so until that starts coming in the mail I better milk it for all it's worth.
9. Breakfast. I would like to start enjoying it. Again, a lot can be said for mental health.
10. Get more babysitters. Go to the movies more.

4 comments:

Magpie Designz said...

I could never give up my Bachelor addiction...Way too good! Go Jillian!!

And I just gave up all my nasty holey underwear too. Good feeling.

anne said...

good list

Procrastination said...

This is a nice list, I should also resolve more of the babysitter as well, and I completely agree with the breakfast, I like being up early and sitting at my kitchen table...but I also like sleep...

Cognitive Dissonance said...

I am a little disturned that all the women that commented on this post has holes in their underwear:-)